Debug Infos Viewer parse the Microsoft debug information of a software and allows (if .pdb associated to the software exists)
- to quickly display functions information (Virtual Address, Relative Virtual Address,calling convention, parameters information...)
- to generate a WinApiOverride monitoring file for internal functions of modules (exe,dll,ocx) according to selected functions.
- to generate WinApiOverride user types files.
- to show functions generated asm code
- to find functions from their Virtual Address or Relative Virtual Address
||This software allows you to quickly find the source of exception without a debugger (if you have pdb files):
When an exception occurs (in debug or release mode),
1) Get the exception address.
2) Open associated module (exe or dll) with Debug Info Viewer
Notice: associated module is the module that contains the exception address (you can use dumper to see modules address space)
3) Do a search "By Virtual Address (VA)" with the exception address. The search result is the function throwing the error.
Once you locate it, just take a look at the previous upper code line : bug is inside
|4) Click the "Show Function Asm" button
|| and locate the exception address in opcodes address.
Notice: this tip doesn't apply to jitted softwares like .NET